Tuesday, November 29, 2011

popular culture #9

If I had to choose one film to represent our generation like Star Wars did back then I would definitely have to say Twilight. Although Twilight made its debut in 2008 it became in instant success. Like Star Wars theres the guy the girls wish they had and the guys wish they were. Luke Skywalker and Edward Cullen play totally different characters but are similar in many ways. Then theres always a villain, Darth Vader is Twilights Laurant, Victoria, and James. Both movies became instant successes and I truly believe Twilight will be around for many many years, just as Star Wars is, and i'm sure always will be.

2 comments:

  1. How are Edward Cullen and Luke Skywalker in common? I didnt really see any examples that you gave to support your answer. I think that your answer would mean more if you could give some examples?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write the main characters are similar in many ways. Can you give any examples?

    ReplyDelete